Dash removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Koya

Reaction score
I would like to replace the stock stereo from my 2005. Can someone share where and how the dash is removed, I don't want to start forcing things out hoping it is being held with the snap in clips. thank you.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 screws underneath under dash by steering wheel...gear selector needs to be all the down...dash is held by clips all around and disconnect plugs as u go...I start left to right

OP
OP
K

Koya

Reaction score
2 screws underneath under dash by steering wheel...gear selector needs to be all the down...dash is held by clips all around and disconnect plugs as u go...I start left to right

Thank you! I found them, seem easy enough. Now just need to decide on a stereo.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no problem...in regards to finding a unit...I suggest going to crutchfield.com and "outfit your car"...this will show u everything on the market today that will fit...you can compare units to find the one u want...if you don't like the price you can search on the internet for cheaper pricing...I highly recommend buying from crutchfield becuz they will give you install sheets to show you how to remove door panels and dash...they will also give you free install brack...wire harness...and lifetime support as long as you own the unit/gear so if you buy another vehicle they will help u install in the next vehicle for free...and if you get stumped just call them and they'll walk you through the process right over the phone...

so if you bought the unit first...they would've gave instructions on removing the dash...lol

just me though and I love buying from them...they also give manufacture discounts that audio shops may not do...I saved $400 on my avic-d3 when I bought it cuz pioneer was having a huge discount sale...audio shops weren't offering any discount