Digital speed ~3 mph different than analog

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdlegrand

Reaction score
Hi All,
I recently purchased a 2017 Limited which I love so far.

My question is related to the speedometer. It shows around 3mph higher on the analog speedo vs the digital speed and cruise control speed.

Is this adjustable or why would they be different? As importantly, which is correct?

Thanks8d1f776437593233068e9ccc4bd11aba.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Lean more to the left and the needle will be spot on. :)

I've not noticed this on my '17 but never looked for it. The digital display seems to match my Garmin GPS though. I don't think vehicle speed shows up in the Sync system. I typically leave the dash display as shown as knowing the engine rpm is rather pointless with rare exceptions and other warnings will show up regardless what's shown there.

Be interesting to see how this works out and knowing how you got the photo at 80mph. :)

-- Chuck

OP
OP
T

tdlegrand

Reaction score
I ended up running Waze disconnected from the truck so that it shows speed. The digital speed is correct and I read somewhere that the analog speed is “within tolerances” so not likely something correctable.

As for the photo...err, would you believe my wife was driving while I took it?!?

TD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX