Towing differences XLT and Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I run in trailer mode when towing, one would think that trailer mode would also create a firmer shock but who knows? Maybe I will give it a try and see if it makes much difference. I am getting more used to the feel now, so it does seem less of an issue than it originally did. On my jeep I have rancho rs9000 adjustable shocks and I can absolutely tell a difference between the firmest and softest settings on those, bumping them up firm when towing or carrying weight makes a big difference.

This last weekend, we had a trip to southern utah for state champs mtb races and I had the roof box on and the velocirax with 7 bikes, 7 people and a dog. I tried running it in sport mode and regular mode and noticed little difference with all that weight hanging off the back. It was maybe a little more composed in the back when in sport mode but it still didn't seem to dampen the bouncing in the back as well as the bilsteins did. I will say the stock shocks on the XLT were for sure worse than the CCD, they were very soft which did have a very comfortable floaty ride when you weren't towing or carrying a lot of weight.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire