Do I have Automatic Load Leveling Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed Fogle

Reaction score
How do I find out if my 2017 Expedition 4x4 has automatic load leveling suspension. I have the heavy duty towing package but my window sticker doesn’t show an ALLS. The sales brochure doesn’t mention this system in the options list but the owners manual has reference to it but no information on how it works.

VIN 1FNJU2AT8HEA13229

Thanks

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wasn't that only available on the platinums? Could be wrong there but when I was looking at 2017's the only ones I saw with that were platinums.

OP
OP
E

Ed Fogle

Reaction score
On a vacation trip now so don’t have the brochure with me. I would think the load leveling mechanism would come with the heavy duty towing package but you never know.

If I don’t have it I’ll need to look into aftermarket. I’m planning on putting a load of about 400# on the hitch receiver about 20” aft of the receiver at the racks c.g then towing the Expedition behind my motorhome.

OP
OP
E

Ed Fogle

Reaction score
Looks like I’ll have to research aftermarket.

I probably don’t require it for my plans but believe load leveling would help. I need to carry a rack on my hitch receiver the ways about 400# with a c.g. of about 20”.

Will search the forum for information on aftermarket.