Does your max fit in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rs4-380

Reaction score
With the oncoming snowstorm, put the expedition in the garage for the first time tonight. When I redid it a couple years ago I made sure it would fit the bigger vehicles I own. At that point I would have never imagined an expedition would have been on that list, but I’m glad I planned big because they aren’t small cars!IMG_4517.jpg

aporthole

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. We knew that it wouldn’t when we bought it. We’re actually planning to build a carport off the side of the garage to park it under later this year.

OP
OP
R

rs4-380

Reaction score
Nope. We knew that it wouldn’t when we bought it. We’re actually planning to build a carport off the side of the garage to park it under later this year.

What are you limited by? Height or length?

Matthew Hoover

Reaction score
My house built in the 60s. I had the salesperson drive it to my house and make sure it fit before I signed the papers. I have 6 inches to spare. I ended up getting one of those little light up stop signs on a stick to let me know how far to go.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope. I’m limited by my wife’s minivan. . It’s a pre-war house with only a one-car garage.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes! Length wise I have about three feet left. Height was an issue. We had a new 7’ garage door installed last summer and I told the guys to make sure it has a 6’5” height clearance when opened. With the cross rails the Expy is around 6’3”.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes! Length wise I have about three feet left. Height was an issue. We had a new 7’ garage door installed last summer and I told the guys to make sure it has a 6’5” height clearance when opened. With the cross rails the Expy is around 6’3”.

Was surprised and checked.

4th gen is 76.3", should just barely squeak past with less than an inch to spare... DON'T change tires or aftermarket suspension parts

READERS BEWARE: stock 4th GEN NAVIGATOR, stock 3RD GEN EXPY/GATOR, AND ALL LIFTED TRUCKS OR BIGGER TIRES ARE TALLER (~78" - 83") AND DO ****NOT*** FIT 6'5"-6'6" CLEARANCE.

Or even 6'8" --- a dangerous parking garage favourite....and in cases with 35" tires, 6'10"

***7 FOOT*** should clear all tires and popular suspension mods, some just barely though.

O5111

Reaction score
With the crossbars, mine just rubbed the rubber seal at the bottom of the garage door. So I removed the crossbars and it fits fine now. (Not a Max).