Dome Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

will_higgins

Reaction score
The relay is located in the fuse panel that is on the bottom lefthand corner of the dash. The relay is in the top left hand corner of the fuse panel. Here is a layout. It is Relay 1.

Attachments

• 2011-03-29_001817_expedition_fuse_box.jpg
    2011-03-29_001817_expedition_fuse_box.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 13,669

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Ok Im really gettting pissed with these dome lights....they work at the dash switch and when the rear window on the hatch is opened...I have taken the relay out and nothing works...so the relay is good...what is the dam mystery here...I even wrote to Ford customer service and no answer....and you call the dealer and those bafoons look at you like your stupid....there is even a dam order code for this when you order the vehicle...Im just pissed....

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
The relay is located in the fuse panel that is on the bottom lefthand corner of the dash. The relay is in the top left hand corner of the fuse panel. Here is a layout. It is Relay 1.
yes there are actually two relays there #1 and 2...

OP
OP
W

will_higgins

Reaction score
Just an update. I just went and got the relay and placed it in. DOME LIGHTS WORK!! Also my running boards work now to. Im glad my problem ios fixed. Now as for your problem, im not sure what is going on there. I have you checked all of your door switches?

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Will, I hope I didn't come across as being disrespectful to you...was not my intent...as I am happy you got your problem resolved, I am just frustrated...this is like some top secret Ford thing that no one has an answer for...to answer your question I have not had an opportunity to pull the door panels and check the jamb switches...I am moving this weekend to Tennessee and it will have to wait until I get unpacked, unstressed and maybe laid...LOL...My back doors do not open from the inside either...no matter what position the child proof locks are in...so, that's probably were I will start first....again I meant no disrespect to you or anyone else here on the forum...just got a pretty full plate right now and this aint helpin....

OP
OP
W

will_higgins

Reaction score
Baker, I didnt think you were being disrespectful at all. I just thought you misunderstood the reason for my post. Sorry for coming off as if you were. I hope you get your problem fixed. I wish i could be more of assistance to you.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Will, all is good !! I found online a owners manual that shows relays and fuses both under the hood and the dash..so now i can maybe see if something is missing...if everything is there, then next week I will tear into the rear doors and see whats what...have a great weekend....I hate moving....Uggg..