Don’t do this.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
Few years ago, girlfriend had liftgate up and backed Expy into garage … breaking an eagle I had hanging down. She never said anything. I found the broken eagle and asked her. I said "you broke my eagle". She said "I didn't break your eagle, your Expedition broke the eagle"

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Few years ago, girlfriend had liftgate up and backed Expy into garage … breaking an eagle I had hanging down. She never said anything. I found the broken eagle and asked her. I said "you broke my eagle". She said "I didn't break your eagle, your Expedition broke the eagle"
Her name wasn't Doreen by any chance? Lol.

ib_jigged

Reaction score
That stinks, but it looks like only glass at this point?

A co-worker found out that his dog will walk under the rear of this brand new Edge Titanium with white platinum paint when the fob was in his pocket and swung open and put a nice dent and decent gouge in the hatch.

rexpedition99

Reaction score
On the way to Thanksgiving dinner one year I backed out of the garage with the rear passenger door open about 1/2 way, crunched up the door real good. When I noticed what was happening I threw the car in park (thankfully) and flung open my door - into a toolbox I had in the garage. I had only had the car a few months.

When I told the story to my insurance, they wanted to charge my deductible twice since it was technically two different events. :banghead:

OP
OP
W

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the way to Thanksgiving dinner one year I backed out of the garage with the rear passenger door open about 1/2 way, crunched up the door real good. When I noticed what was happening I threw the car in park (thankfully) and flung open my door - into a toolbox I had in the garage. I had only had the car a few months.

When I told the story to my insurance, they wanted to charge my deductible twice since it was technically two different events. :banghead:

oh hell....did they really charge your deductible twice??

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Why was the parking brake on? I have only popped open the rear glass 1 or 2 times, in the years I owned mine. It is a useless feature.

OP
OP
W

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why was the parking brake on? I have only popped open the rear glass 1 or 2 times, in the years I owned mine. It is a useless feature.

ive always used the parking brake, ever since i got my license. just a habit of mine