Door doesn't latch in freezing 03 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

supermitch

Reaction score
Any of you have issues with your door unlocking below freezing? Mine this last week won’t unlock by the fob on the drivers side when it’s cold. As soon as it’s above freezing bam it works again. Been having to use the key if the temp is low out.

Yeah, I mean, in general, everything is pretty slow and ****** on my truck in the cold. My driver door lock does *mostly* work, but it is slow, doesn't seem to actuate all the way, etc. And I'm not even in really cold temps. For a winter visit to Calgary it was essentially unusable, if I recall correctly.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I mean, in general, everything is pretty slow and ****** on my truck in the cold. My driver door lock does *mostly* work, but it is slow, doesn't seem to actuate all the way, etc. And I'm not even in really cold temps. For a winter visit to Calgary it was essentially unusable, if I recall correctly.

Today both my front locks stopped unlocking, I hear them trying but they won’t. I’ve been crawling through the back in the morning to open the doors. The key works if it’s not super cold.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Plati

Reaction score
Now they work again after they thawed out this is getting annoying
That's not the ongoing problem I've had, mine won't latch closed (couple times a year) until I cycle electric door lock while closed. Have you tried lock de-icer or lock lubricant that goes in the key slot?

I think I might have had that what you describe years ago and that's why I have a can of this in the garage. https://www.walmart.com/ip/AGS-Lock...53941&wl11=online&wl12=19866156&wl13=&veh=sem

I've also used warm liquid in emergency ... but had to stand on a footstool for that

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I’ll try that. When it’s cold enough nor the key or power locks up front driver side work, so it’s freezing up in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wolf_Lazarus