Door Speaker Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have kenwood 5x7s. thought thats wht the door speakers were. turns out 6x8. fit fine. i like them. then i added 2 tweeters to the little corner pieces on the door. look funny but sound great. since my 12 is always at max.

Tuffy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i have kenwood 5x7s. thought thats wht the door speakers were. turns out 6x8. fit fine. i like them. then i added 2 tweeters to the little corner pieces on the door. look funny but sound great. since my 12 is always at max.

I've got Kenwood's coming in the mail, should hopefully be here by tomorrow. Another site I would recommend is onlinecarstereo.com its cheaper than crutchfield (But I would strongly recommend getting a head unit from them because they give you EVERYTHING you need to swap it out) and a little more expensive than sonix but you get free shipping if you spend more than $100

jmciver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got Kenwood's coming in the mail, should hopefully be here by tomorrow. Another site I would recommend is onlinecarstereo.com its cheaper than crutchfield (But I would strongly recommend getting a head unit from them because they give you EVERYTHING you need to swap it out) and a little more expensive than sonix but you get free shipping if you spend more than $100
Actually, Sonix and Crutchfield are about the same in price if you were to buy a whole upgrade from one of them. I just purchased speakers for the front, rear and D-pillars, a sub, two amplifiers, a dual amp wiring kit, patch cables and speaker wire split between the two. It was cheaper that way than buying everything from one of them (and I still was able to get free shipping from both). It just depends on what is on sale on one of those sites.

OP
OP
F

FordRacing1

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually, Sonix and Crutchfield are about the same in price if you were to buy a whole upgrade from one of them. I just purchased speakers for the front, rear and D-pillars, a sub, two amplifiers, a dual amp wiring kit, patch cables and speaker wire split between the two. It was cheaper that way than buying everything from one of them (and I still was able to get free shipping from both). It just depends on what is on sale on one of those sites.

I havent seen many people with the name McIver. Thats my middle name. Totally off subject but I just thought it was interesting

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Crutchfield is the way to go! Canada has a seperate site. They give you all the adapters, mounting brackets, and wiring guides (if you need them) for free not to mention if you jack something up then there customer service is awesome and will walk you thru just about anything. I love the kickers and my choice #2 would be the kenwoods. I havent got them put in because once i went with an aftermarket deck the stock speakers sounded so much better so i put it on my long range to do list.

stang99gtv8

Reaction score
When I had my mustang with a mach 460 system in it, I switched the whole thing out to run a pioneer 6X8 setup. I was extremely disappointed in the high frequency sound coming from the center speaker tweeters. They weren't the top of the line pioneer door speakers, but they should have done better than they did. After installing bass stoppers in the doors and re-attaching the tweeters off the mach 460 to the new aftermarket setup and a sub in the trunk, I had one of the best quality car stereo systems I had ever heard. The pioneers were monsters in the high mid, mid, and mid low sections, the tweeters acted as horn drivers would on a PA speaker, and the sub filling out the lows.

Point of that story is that if you can find some clean fitting tweeters to put on your door corners by the mirrors, they are well worth it to add to the quality of sound in the car. Sub or not, they make a big difference IMO. find some quality door speakers and some tweeters you can run with them. Can do that all off a head unit as well, no external amp required if you aren't running a sub. Only place in the truck it won't be loud enough is the third row.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my focus will be adding sound to the or shall i say for the third row...right now they're getting bassed out...even if i turn the gain down...so i want whoever sits back there...rarely to be able to hear the music...the words...not just bass

WHOISMOOTOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bhsoulja add some 6 1/2's with some baffles to the tailgate or the rear pillars behind the third row to the left and right of the back glass, i seen this on the navigators and it looks damn good, and sounds good to.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah...thats exactly what i was thinking...hadnt decided on size quite yet...but i've been looking at the pillars in the back wondering if that could be done...i also thought about this...

but my box would block the sound...so i'll see how much it'll cost to do the pillars...there's a guy who posted a reply that's in my area...i'll look him up and see what he can do. might not be until after tax return...but 1 day

Attachments

• Speakers in Tailgate.jpg
    Speakers in Tailgate.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thegerb50