Drilled rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

s1000pre

Reaction score
Looking for a good set of driller rotors and pads. I’m hearing from others that Power Stops have a tendency to warp. I would like Zimmerman or Brembo, though struggling to find part numbers. Any feedback?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking for a good set of driller rotors and pads. I’m hearing from others that Power Stops have a tendency to warp. I would like Zimmerman or Brembo, though struggling to find part numbers. Any feedback?
Obviously Brembos are best, but they are heck of expensive. I'd just go PowerStops, I haven't heard of too many probl3ms.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Will drilled rotors, especially on a heavy suv, you need to get the top level one which are more expensive to avoid all the cons like warping. The only benifit on SUV for drilled is if you live in mountians with lots of heavy heat generating downhills or do a lot of towing. Drilled rotors suck in mud and dirt and become a clogged mess.

I would go with a European brand like zimmerman at min.

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put powerstops on mine, and have put them on my previous Yukon as well. Just ordered a set for my Ram, too (Black Friday sale). Make sure you bed them properly and you should be in good shape.

Also have used R1 concepts as well, but I did run into more issues with those up over 30k miles.

bigwilly

Reaction score
+1 on the powerstops. I've put them on my two f150s with good results. Although I don't tow much with my trucks

Expy Gator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have run the EBC slotted and dimpled rotors and yellowstuff pads. Very happy. Unless you are going with a premium rotor stay away from drilled rotors - much more prone to cracking.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+1 on Powerstops, I've used their kits on numerous vehicles and as said above, as long as you break them in properly, they work great. I actually tend to double up the break in procedure, just to ensure the off-gassing and bedding occurs as good as possible. I've always liked them and they are pretty affordable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze