Driver's Power Seat Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBirdIV

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I've got a 2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition. It's got a powered driver's seat. That seat will move up and down but not forward and backward. It makes a tap or thunk noise when you operate the switch to make it go forward or backward. Anyone know a fix?

What I've tried:
1. Cleaning out under the seat. There was a lot of junk that might've stopped it from working at the beginning
2. Checked the runners and I couldn't seem to find anything stuck in them.
3. Vacuumed out under the seat.

I searched the forums and couldn't find anything about this. Searched online and found that the fact it makes a tap or thunk noise means the electronics are fine but it just thinks/is stuck.

Anyone know a fix? If I've cleared out something that might've stopped it moving before, do I need to reset anything to get it to function again?

Thanks very much!

GONS

Reaction score
You may find much better results going to the 2nd GEN forum instead of the interior forum. I am researching a like issue in a 2nd GEN and that forum has dozens of posts on the seat issue.