Electric 2nd & 3rd row seat problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bench type.

3rd row okay with buttons up/down.

2nd row is the problem. Manually, no problem releasing/lowering the seats to flat and raising.

Push the buttons for same and forget it. The motor makes the noise motors make but the seat(s) stay put. My wife, after numerous button attempts before she called me got the outer, 2nd row seats to go down but the middle wouldn't budge. Then she couldn't get the outers to come back up with the buttons.

I raised both outers up manually and tried the buttons. Zero. When I lowered all three of the 2nd row manually, none would rise with the buttons and the motor was making its motor noise.

Anything we could be doing wrong before going to the dealer and killing a day?

Mark

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The buttons only drop the seats they do not raise. It will make the noise of releasing the latches, but the seats will not raise, they are not designed 2.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To be clear i was speaking on the 2nd row. The third row is powered up and down. Also, the buttons fold the seats diff depending on you 2nd row config. If you have the buckets, the middle button folds both seats. If you have a bench, the buttons fold each individual seat

drjeff

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the 2nd row middle seat. It would not release when the button was pushed at the tailgate. Worked fine manually. Dealer had to replace the entire middle seat frame. Took a day-and-half for this operation. The upside, the reinstall of the seat frame corrected the recall on missing frame brackets.