Eliminate Sun Glare from Hood Bulge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to set the record straight, Ford calls this feature the "Powerdome".

This is the proper term for the raised hood. I like the styling of the power dome and the glare has never bothered me. I too wear polarized sunglasses.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Never noticed a problem with my '16 and I keep it clean and polished.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just to set the record straight, Ford calls this feature the "Powerdome".
That sounds a lot cooler than what they call the engine cover inside my van.....”the dog house” ....lol.... come on ....my ol 2valve ain’t no dog!

OP
OP
chuck s

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Not sure why the Power Dome is there other than making the hood rigid. No honking giant air cleaner under there like in the 1960s. :) Sun glare only hits me with the low sun angles. Reminds me why airplanes have flat black surfaces just outside the windows (despite the kool Ray Bans).

-- Chuck

Muddy Bean

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Btw chuck,

Do you realize how easy it is to use plasti-dip? The stuff is really amazing. I’ve used it several times for different applications and it works well. No drama trying to get your vinyl wrap to lay flat with no wrinkles, just tape off the area you want to apply, then spray the stuff down out of a can just like spray paint. Spray a good few layers so it’s laid nice and thick, remove your tape before it’s dry and you’re done. If you don’t like it, let it dry for a day and then simply peel it off. One can would do the trick and you’re all done. Seriously, try it. You’ll be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro