F150 Honeycomb Grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I broke my grille surround while pulling the front end parts to replace the radiator support.

I figured while I'm at it I might as well change the look a little and add the honeycomb grille at the same time as part of my restomodding. :)

In order to fit the honeycomb grille I need both parts for an F-150 like in this picture, right?

s-l400.jpg

Not Expedition+F150 center or some other combination?

Can someone confirm?

Thanks!

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes the F150 frame and grille is different. so it has to be a matched set

but since youre restomodding, you might want to reconsider getting a different grille. I always wanted the Harley or Lightning grille...

OP
OP
R

reece146

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I rolled the dice last night on ebay and went with the HC grille.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wrong!
F-150 grille drops right in. I swapped a 2000 F-150 grille onto my '98 with absolutely zero issues.

That must be an early vs later type deal then. On a 99, 00 and 01 (on both 2WD and 4WD) I worked on had a wider base compared to the narrower bottom F150

Admittedly the early model you have has a different front bumper, grille, fog lamp and valence. But I didnt think the size shape would also be different

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wondering if you could pull just the honey comb part out an swap it in.is it the same curved shape an size? I know the one I pulled apart at the salvage yard "Expo" half the clip holding it on to the surround part broke off looked to me some were made to be changed like the one thats on my Expo an some were not different clips like glued on that one I pulled off heck Idk i was just wanting a different grill the one I pulled off had just a sight bit of chrome going around out side part of the grill itself not the surrounding part Think I just might do up my own custom grill insert one of these days