Factory VHS to DVD switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys got a question about switching out a VHS player in my 2001 Expo. I currently have the factory VHS player and was wonder if it was hard to replace it with a DVD player. I dont want to buy a whole new system, just want to replace the VHS player. Is there a way I can just wire up a DVD player so it will work? Thanks

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a VHS in mine put a new flip down tv with built in dvd then ran some rca's down to the floor to hook up the Playstation. The wiring wasn't the same for a VHS to DVD. Also my VHS was at the back of the expy which I didn't like, so I got it all new. What make is yours?

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I have a 2001 Eddie Bauer with the MACH stereo system in it. I noticed that there was a plug going into the VHS player that unclips. I really dont want to buy a whole new flip down tv/dvd combo. Oh and the vhs player is in the center console/arm rest between the driver and passenger seats. thank you for the reply hope this info was enough

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still not sure about the switch I've got the Mach Audio. I don't think it will be that easy as pluging a new DVD player in. Your probaly going to have to run new wires + what controls the VHS ,your head unit????

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Right now I have a sony xplod in it, but when i get home i will be installing a new double din sony 6.1 touch screen dvd player, ipod, hd radio, satelite radio. got about 17 more days until i get home from this deployment to install it