Fog light mod, 2000 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike00~07

Reaction score
I did a search and found post about how to do the mod. While at JY found another switch and did the mod. Well went to put swtich on and mine is different. My truck is a 2000 and and swtich I got was from a 01, well pretty sure, I looked at so many of them that day. Anyway, the plugs on back are different and way the switch comes out of dash if different. Mine has like 2 rectangle plugs, fatter one is sideways, and the one I got from JY has liek 2 square plugs.. My question is has any done the mod to a 2000 switch??

OP
OP
M

Mike00~07

Reaction score
This is like my switch... Which seem it can be open and it it taken out of dash different. One I modified, I had to stick pic in small hole and flip knob around, then rotate to get it out. My switch all you have to do is stick flat blade in bottom of switch and it slides out. And doesnt have the 4 tabs to take switch appart..

Originalswitch.jpg

And this is swtich I got and modified,, according to thread I found. Took it aprat and modified the ramp.. But doesnt fit my my truck, plugs different.

Modifiedswitch.jpg

CTC B4Z

Reaction score
One of the greatest mods ever! Just dremel out the ramp and splice your wire!

OP
OP
M

Mike00~07

Reaction score

I want to, but the switch in my truck, isn't the same as the one showed in thread I found. I got the switch from a junk yard, and did the modification to the ramp. But when I went to install it, 1st off noticed my switch came out different. Then once out seen plugs were different. Trying to find out if the mod can be done to the type switch in my 2000 Expy.. Switch in my truck is like the one in the 1st link in my post above. And the switch I bought and modified is like one in 2nd link in above reply. But the switch I modified and am ready to install has different plugs from original switch in truck.

I am trying to find info from anyone that has modified the switch like my original switch??? If so, how did you do it?? Wen I get back in town (10-6) I will see if I can figure out something for original switch, just trying to get a few tips before hand....

Last edited:

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score

can you describe what the mod is about? whats the diff for the transition of the 00 to 01? thanks

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its so you can run the fog lights with park lights and high beams. Right now foglights can only be turned on with headlights...

very cool. that is something I would do when I get a new valence (with provision for foglights)

right now I dont have foglights :mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris420