Ford Reports Record Sales

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kurtyg2020

Reaction score
From Ford's press release:

Retail sales of the all-new Ford Expedition jumped 25.8 percent last month, as dealer inventories continue to expand. Expedition is spending just 17 days on dealer lots on average. Average
transaction prices are up $12,100 over year-ago levels.

Navigator sales are up 135 percent at retail and 122 percent overall. Average time on dealer lots remains a quick 13 days overall, just 10 days for Black Label. We’re seeing triple-digit increases in every region, with the West producing the most sizable gains - 188 percent. Average transaction pricing is up $26,300, at $81,200.

Although I am a little confused by the Expy numbers and where that claimed gain is coming from. Sales in April were 3,976 versus 5,653 in March of this year and 5,116 in April of last year. So it's certainly not up 25.8% over the previous month or YOY. And they're actually down 3.2% YTD. Maybe they're talking aggregate dollars sold? April actually seems like it was a really disappointing month...maybe the issues of availability with the 3.73?

Overall sales are down, but Ford is saying that retail sales are up. Which is to be expected due to the fact that a lot of 2017's ended up in rental lots. My guess is that even though overall sales are down, Ford is making more money with less volume, which in my mind is great news.