Ford Wheel Load Rating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashkid1982

Reaction score
Hello,

I am eye’ing the used/take-off wheel market of F150’s in order to budget-friendly go from the stock MY2022 20” wheels to 18”. I am secretly hoping for the Tremor design wheels, but realistically I will more likely stumble over the base XLT/F150Sport or Limited ones…

Other than matching generation models, is there anything to look out for specific to load rating of the individual F150 wheels? Can one generally assume a wheel that is specified on an F150 can handle the GVW of an Expedition, and/or is the bottleneck the load rating of the tire anyways?

My vehicle has the HD tow package, and there will be recreational use of that in the mid-term future too. FWIW

Thanks.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

I am eye’ing the used/take-off wheel market of F150’s in order to budget-friendly go from the stock MY2022 20” wheels to 18”. I am secretly hoping for the Tremor design wheels, but realistically I will more likely stumble over the base XLT/F150Sport or Limited ones…

Other than matching generation models, is there anything to look out for specific to load rating of the individual F150 wheels? Can one generally assume a wheel that is specified on an F150 can handle the GVW of an Expedition, and/or is the bottleneck the load rating of the tire anyways?

My vehicle has the HD tow package, and there will be recreational use of that in the mid-term future too. FWIW

Thanks.

Yes. The difference in load rating is going to be somewhat small in each lug count category.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire