Ford's Homelink sequence of programming seems different?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe I am retarded, I can't get it to program, I've done the holding the 2 outside buttons to erase it, then press the desired button to program and then my transmitter...not working this time. Maybe it only works directly with the "Learn" button on my Liftmaster?

My Jeep and BMWs were easy and quick.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Worked for me just like the video. Is your battery in the remote good?

First turn on your car and hold your remote up to the homelink buttons. Press and hold the transmitter button and the button on the homelink panel you’ll want to use to open your garage door. Keep holding the buttons until the indicator light changes from a slow blink to a fast one. Next press and hold the button that you’ll use to control your garage door for five seconds and then release it. Your garage door should open but if it doesn’t repeat the five-second hold. If the indicator light is still on then you’ve successfully programmed your homelink system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
armoredsaint

armoredsaint

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Worked for me just like the video. Is your battery in the remote good?
i was thinking it didn't matter, but i guess it does - i've had homelink on all my cars for a long time

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For my home garage door opener, it was easy. For the gate at my work, I had to use the more complicated version with the learn button.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
worked as instructed in the video....HOWEVER....I have some gates to property that it will NOT work with.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There is one thing that is not mentioned here. With the Homelink system in the Fords, the first button on the left is for older style transmitters and will only work for those. If you want to program for a older garage door or gate use that button. The center and right buttons are for newer rolling code style products and will only work for those. The Chamberlain door openers shown by the OP will only work with the center and right buttons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik