FPDM location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveyj

Reaction score
I am experiencing, while driving, a sudden loss of power while on hwy after about 60mph.. My speed will decrease but my rpm's will be high. if I play with pedal a lil then it will sometimes pick speed back up. It also is noticeable while taking off on a complete stop. when driving around town it will rev high and take a long time to speed up. tried taking cat's off that didn't work. code reads egr valve and other lean codes cant think of right now but I've about given up on it as of now. I was told to check spark plugs so that is next on my to do list. Any thoughts??? by the way thanks for that info, I was thinking I was blind.
Sounds like your trans is slipping. Just a thought.

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did you just change out the egr valve? what was ur wife van doin?

Took it off you can brake clean to clear all junk off. Or I did the easy way Berryman b12 injector cleaner poured in a little bowl used a nylon bottle brush that way kill 2 birds 1 stone after clean dump rest in gas tank. If caked on carbon like hers, once you pore in let it sit with the fluid on it. Scrubbing took me about 1/2 hour to get clean very little carbon left. Don’t forget the new EGR gasket. Hers was FWD under intake back side a pain to get to.

Way cheaper then buying new 1/2 hour my time Vs the $60 for hers new. I don’t make anywhere near that per hour let alone 1/2 hour. Save your self the $

Last edited: