From A red ruby to "SINISTER" the rebirth of my 207,000 mile Expy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nope I just scuffed it with 320 and Steve shot it after the body work was done. Rustoleum is what it is called. Satin Black #7777. You can get it in spray bombs too.

OP
OP
ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did originally put the rear expy letters across the hood but they we're too much. So I redid them in vinyl and spread them further.

Attachments

• blkexpy-16.jpg
    blkexpy-16.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 148
  • blkexpy-2.jpg
    blkexpy-2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 131
  • blkexpy-12.jpg
    blkexpy-12.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 138

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This really looks fantastic, especially for the amount you have invested in paint. Really like the EXPEDITION along the bottom of the rear 1/4 windows, very nicely done. I think the second round of hood letters is the better choice. Novel idea, mimics the Explorer Sport.

Since I am throwing opinions out there... the stock tail lights (with the added stripes) look way better than the aftermarket ones. IMO. :^)

Last edited:
OP
OP
ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This really looks fantastic, especially for the amount you have invested in paint. Really like the EXPEDITION along the bottom of the rear 1/4 windows, very nicely done. I'd like to see the spread out hood lettering, pretty sure I'll like it too.

Since I am throwing opinions out there... the stock tail lights (with the added stripes) look way better than the aftermarket ones. IMO. :^)

My tails were leaking badly and popping bulbs. I took them off and resealed them like new but the black tails I got at such a killer deal I couldn't pass on them. The hood letters are here in vinyl.

Attachments

• blkexpy-23.jpg
    blkexpy-23.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 141
OP
OP
ONEBADMK8

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It was shot by my Friend in his Body Shop. I did all the prep. No primer, just scuff and shoot.

Lostneye

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks good man

You the same guy with the purple first gen 1 mark?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65