Front left wheel humming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The power steering pump growling/whining sounds very different than a wheel bearing or tire to me. If it was the power steering pump it should be the same noise you'd hear when turn the steering wheel until the spindle hits the stop(lock to lock so to speak) It does make me wonder when was the last time the power steering fluid was changed. I go a bit overboard, okay a whole crap load overboard, I change the power steering fluid every year. It's only 1 quart, it's easy and it makes me feel better.

Drae

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you guys jacking the vehicle up and checking top to bottom wobble? It's been times where it seems to be one side creating the noise but it's actually the other side. Might as well check the back also. If affordable it's always best to replace wheel hub assemblies in pairs because the other side may not be far behind on failure. Sometimes you have to throw money at these old vehicles to eliminate things especially if you're able to save some money and do it yourself. Check for play in the upper and lower control arm bushings also.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If affordable it's always best to replace wheel hub assemblies in pairs because the other side may not be far behind on failure.
This ^

Also what is your time worth?
Second one will take half the time the first one did if you do it at the same time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani