Front washer does not work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ftp19601960

Reaction score
I found a few similar threads but none of them have a definitive answer. This is a situation when all wipers seem to be OK; rear washing works but there is no fluid out from front nozzles.
The service manual for 2015/2017 I bought of ebay does not have correct wiring and fuses. So far I checked two wires coming to the washer pump (the pump is tested OK). The BLUE/WHITE one has ground but another one does not. I guess it comes out from the "rear" and must have ground for frontal washing operation. When rear washing is activated that wire has +12V so the wringing itself may be good . An older schematics I have, shows "rear wiper motor assembly" with 8 pin connector with embedded relay to switch 12V/Ground for a washer pump. The assembly I have ('17 XLT) has just 3 pins. I hesitate to replace it: maybe there is another relay somewhere.

OP
OP
F

ftp19601960

Reaction score
Nozzles, pipes, etc are OK. If proper polarity voltage is applied to the pump then fluid comes from the front.

OP
OP
F

ftp19601960

Reaction score
As I suspected, whoever (at http://www.hoffmanautolp.com/) was fixing my starter issues did "a relay swap" test. Apparently not all relays are the same. AB relays look the same as BA except a missing 5th pin. So those idiots left "AB" relay as a washer relay which killed the ground for frontal operation. It needs to be "BA".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire