Front Washer not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Searched and searched without any resemblance of an answer

2015 EL

Rear washer works fine

When you push the front wash button the wipers move like normal but the relay doesn't trip and the pump doesn't run

Pump has been replaced
MFS has been replaced
no bad fuses or relays I have swapped to make sure
Lines aren't clogged I've blown them out and swapped the rear line with the front line and fluid sprays with no issue

Idk if there is a module or something that isn't talking but i'm at my wits end.

I've seen this posted a couple times but everyone keeps saying the same thing with no solution to the problem

mrbadwrench

Reaction score
I don't have an answer for you, but maybe I have a clue. I disconnected my rear wiper motor for a while to stop a parasitic draw and the front washer wouldn't work while it was unplugged. After I plugged the rear wiper motor back in, it worked.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
I'll try it when the wife gets back from town but I couldn't imagine that being an issue since the rear works as it should. Thanks for the response this is pretty irritating and I'm tired of shotgun blasting parts for something as simple as this lol

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's probably in those big red shop manuals for that year. Everyone that works on their truck should have those.

OP
OP
C
Reaction score
It's probably in those big red shop manuals for that year. Everyone that works on their truck should have those.

I've only had it for a month and it's the wife's. Haven't gotten to the service manual yet. This post was for assistance with either a pinpoint test or gem diagnostics

JoJoDaClown

Reaction score
I've only had it for a month and it's the wife's. Haven't gotten to the service manual yet. This post was for assistance with either a pinpoint test or gem diagnostics
Did you ever get this resolved?
I'm having the same issue. I've replaced the motor, replaced the multifunction switch on the column, inspected the connectors and contacts/wires at the column, rear works fine, fuse is good, relay is correct and good. No pump activity when front washer fluid button is pressed, but wipers move.

JoJoDaClown

Reaction score
I've gone through the schematics and determined that I've replaced or checked everything in the circuit aside from what's internal to the windshield wiper motor assembly module. Inside that design is the front washer pump relay. I will be livid if this actually is the root cause and Ford forces you to buy an entire assembly to address a relay failure. Nevermind the fact that a relay should honestly last longer than the vehicle.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've gone through the schematics and determined that I've replaced or checked everything in the circuit aside from what's internal to the windshield wiper motor assembly module. Inside that design is the front washer pump relay. I will be livid if this actually is the root cause and Ford forces you to buy an entire assembly to address a relay failure. Nevermind the fact that a relay should honestly last longer than the vehicle.

Prepare to be livid ....