Fuel Filter/pcv Valve Location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

USMCEXPY2000

Reaction score
ok, i got the parts, jut can't find the location on my truck. and i read on another thread about a tool that is needed to replace the fuel filter. can it be done without it? so in summary if anyone can help with the following:

1. location of fuel filter
2. location of pcv valve
3. do i need a special tool to replace the fuel filter

thanks

OP
OP
U

USMCEXPY2000

Reaction score
oh i forgot, i am also recharging the a/c but can't find the low pressure connection. i need help with this too. thanks

Reaction score
Hey Devil Dog.

I have a 2000 Eddie Bauer and just changed my fuel filter a few weeks ago.

Yep, you need a special tool. It's a quick release tool. I first bought one (a multi size tool) at advanced auto parts. It said it would work on Fords but all the sizes on the tool were to big. I had to go to NAPA. They had the tool that fit. It was a plastic quick release tool.

The way it works is: the tool snaps over the skinny part of the fuel filter. You then slide the tool up underneath the fuel line releasing the fuel line from the filter. Then do the other side. Don't lay directly underneath the filter when you do this because some gas is going to spill.

Regarding the PCV valve, i'd be interested in know where it is and how to replace too.

Later, Semper Fi

OP
OP
U

USMCEXPY2000

Reaction score
OORAH, thanks devildog. guess im on my way to the auto store. how about the A/C know where the low pressure valve is located and the PCV Valve is located? thanks

Semper Fi