Garage door opener not programming in my 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

makenzie71

Reaction score
I put them in three years ago. They're newer chamberlain openers.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ah. That might be your issue. The new ones roll a new code every time you open the door and generally the universal built in openers don’t work for them unless it’s a very recent car.

Mackenzie Gans

Reaction score

I had the same issue as you. Couldn't get it to work no matter what I tried. I've read the Car2U is full of problems for Ford has switched back to HomeLink in later model years.

Then I had a shop install a HomeLink module, still wouldn't work. Then I bought one of those HomeLink adapters for when you have a new garage door motor and an old remote. Still wouldn't work.

I gave up and velcro'd the opener to the headliner.

20210111_065002_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
M

makenzie71

Reaction score
I used the remote that came with the opener. Saved $28 and a lot of headaches with the adapter.

holy shitballs the openers come with remotes?! I mean that's bypassing a problem instead of actually repairing it but it's probably easier than opening the doors by giving them a disappointed stare until they open out of sheer embarrassment like I have been doing for the last three years. One of my tires is a little low now due to the recent sudden drop in temperatures, would you suggest I throw it away and replace it with a new one?

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
holy shitballs the openers come with remotes?! I mean that's bypassing a problem instead of actually repairing it but it's probably easier than opening the doors by giving them a disappointed stare until they open out of sheer embarrassment like I have been doing for the last three years. One of my tires is a little low now due to the recent sudden drop in temperatures, would you suggest I throw it away and replace it with a new one?

Dude, calm down. I had the same problem. I looked into all the solutions and that was the best one.

Take my post with some of the sarcasm intended because Ford went with a cheaper solution 10-15 years ago that’s incompatible with modern technology.