Good girl from Texas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngM

Reaction score
My name is Ang and being a good girl I'm trying to help my mom keep up with her 2004 Expedition 4WD 5.4L monster. I didn't add pics because it's sad and neglected for the most part and I figured y'all would kick me out.
I want to help get it running and sexy for the beautiful woman I call Mom mainly because she hates my 96 Neon 5spd and that's what she's driving. I have no idea where to start except grab a stool to reach under the hood.
It was purchased used 5yr ago and with no men around were doing the work ourselves. Any help is very much appreciated!!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome aboard Ang...you should be able to get going with the guys/girls in here...i would suggest giving a list of problems that you know of and any other problems that you may think of to get you started in the forum...

so step #1...list your problems
step #2 heed to repairs they tell you
step #3 give feedback after you complete your tasks or problems you come across
step #4...post pics

good luck!!!

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah let us know what help you will need.... lots of different experience here that will gladly off our .02

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
theres another girl from TX in this forum somewhere...she just joined and she's going to school to be a mechanic...you should look her up

OP
OP
A

AngM

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. So I looked at the truck today and I found some issues that I'm going to look around the site to help with.

0- the step stool I had wasn't tall enough. So I got a taller one

1- the key fob worked to unlock but that was all the juice it had so I checked
the battery and it was dead. I tried charging it but it wouldn't hold so I got
a new battery.
2- the truck cranks a couple of seconds before it runs every time. ???

3- the idle is intermittently (every couple hours or so) rough untill it's given
gas. ???

4- It died while in motion. Thankfully I was in a parking lot. Alternator??

5- air filter was nasty. Quick fix

I didn't have much time with it so I'll check the alt tomorrow. I went to school as well for automotive and auto body but I only ever worked on my car so finding the other Texas girl would be awesome.

Bonus Challenge I became blind and hard of hearing 6mo ago so I'm
going off my sense of touch and feeling what the truck is doing.

Know of any posts that will help me?

OP
OP
A

AngM

Reaction score
The truck and I got time alone Saturday so it turns out the alternator wasn't the issue; but I learned how to change one:eek:

I documented the install because I couldn't find one in the "How To" section

The Expedition is running now that it has a new positive battery terminal and proper connection.

The idle post is a great help Lane24!

We also found out the rear a/c makes a noise and doesn't blow correctly so I found this post
http://expeditionforum.com/showpost.php?p=19640&postcount=22

Only thing left is figuring out why it cranks so much before starting, an oil change and tune up.

Well, I might just show up in the projects section and work on making her an appealing swagger wagon. :rolleyes:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe a starter issue if its just sitting there turning and turning before starting...

jeff1998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did I read that right, you are blind and going deaf? Just wondering who is driving??? If that is the case, WOW you are an extraordinary young lady!!