Good how_to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im thinking about doing my rear bumper. i like my chrome front bumper. adds a little style to it! haha but i never trusted the duplicolor bed liner. they have too many products. one has to fail and thats it.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my front valance was done with rustoleum bedliner and it has held up great... all I did was cleaned it with rubbing alcohol and then sanded it and sprayed... now just itching to paint the tan and roll pan... all going black

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
alright cool. does it make it harder with the tow hitch? or should i just keep it all attached on there and bed line it attached?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
alright cool. does it make it harder with the tow hitch? or should i just keep it all attached on there and bed line it attached?

if you can it is easier to tape off and then paint... that way you don't have to fight with the bumper... biggest thing is prep!! take your time and many light coats.....

OP
OP
jacks3am

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just a word to everyone, dont use duplicolor, its junk. my clear coat can was defective? so it sprayed by its self wasting my money. the bedliner i previously put on was from them and it peeled. rustoleum is quality and thats a fact!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
okay ill just tape it all off and do that. use my wire cup brush and sand it all down. should i primer it first? then dupli... rustoleum it? and what clear coat do you guys recommend? o and should i paint it a darker black or is it all ready black enough?