Heartbreaking News Article

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Kuchler

Reaction score
You don`t need razzel dazzel electronic buzzers, you need responsible parents. For the ol timers on here, do you remember your mother watching you like a hawk while growing up?

It is a sad fact that stupid parents raise stupid kids. Who forgets their hildren? I have 21 dogs and watch them like a hawk. Haven't left one and haven't lost one. A few of them are "runners" and wanted to run out when the front door is open. I taught them what happens when they try. Body slam to the wall and held there for a few seconds. Didn't take long to get the message. Now they stand back from the door and look out.

It all comes down to parenting. Unfortunately the innocent children are the ones paying the price.

Being a child of the 60's, id adamantly disagree with you about kids being watched like a hawk in the good ole days, I was chucked out the door at sunrise and expected back for dinner, period, we ran wild, the whole neiborhood was watching us, we ran free, experienced life, broke bones, burned houses down, in the end, I can not for the life of me ever remembering a child left behind in a car and dieing from heat, now that's not to say it didnt happen, but I sure don't recall such instances, which makes me wonder today when such occurs in each and every case if there isn't more to the story.
Second: body slamming an animal to the wall and holding for a few seconds, is to some, no better than leaving a child unattended in a car, granted it may have gotten the point across, and corrected a problem, I believe there are other ways, in our city having 21 animals in a house is against some ordinance or another, and lord knows I could find myself in the same position if allowed, that's a whole lot a puppy chow...

cmiles97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It is very sad. I have 6 children, the oldest being 12 and the youngest being 3.....not sure how someone can forget their children in their vehicle. In my area, a mother forgot her child in her hit vehicle a d the police were called....kid was fine, no police action taken. Only a month or so later she did it again.....unfortunately the child died the 2nd time......

Just posting as a concerned parent.

2017 Expedition EL Limited

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sadly we live in a world where people are so distracted by their phones and self interest they forget everything else around them. I too find it impossible someone can forget they have a kid in the vehicle. Heck I don't forget my dogs are in there.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sadly we live in a world where people are so distracted by their phones and self interest they forget everything else around them. .

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

I thought of this thread the other morning, in regards to GM's electronic tribute to no child left behind act....

I'm walking thru my parking garage & notice a guy ahead of me get out of a Silverado crew cab. I hear his truck honk 4-5 times and noticed the lights blinking rapidly. I can see he has the keyfob in one hand and cell phone in the other. I figured he pressed the lock button several times just to hear the horn honk, since evidently thats a "thing" now, especially in a parking garage where you can annoy many people with minimal effort. As I walk closer to his truck I notice two things. Parking lines don't apply to him and his driver side rear door is open. Wide open. Which explained the multiple honks.

So much for alerts and notifications, eh?

rumline

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In that case the alert was intended for other drivers nearby to watch out for Mr. Numbskull.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
See me as a parent if someone ever tells me they lost a child because they forgot them in a hot car than I would shoot them in the head, I'll tell the police I "forgot" it was illegal to do that.... oopsy

hueyf4i

Full Access Members
Reaction score
See me as a parent if someone ever tells me they lost a child because they forgot them in a hot car than I would shoot them in the head, I'll tell the police I "forgot" it was illegal to do that.... oopsy
If stupidity negated a criminal act I would be out of a job..........or at least have a lot more free time at work.

"Officer, I'm sure I locked my car last night." No signs of forced entry or damage of any type....... (Loaded firearm stolen from vehicle, or social security card, credit cards,......you could pretty much list anything here and I've probably taken a report for it being taken from an unlocked vehicle.......)

One of the more interesting ends of a stolen gun from unlocked car report.....step dad found the gun, confronted the step son, then thought it would be a good idea to take the stolen gun and then throw it off of a bridge and into the river..................you really can't make up stories that are more fantastic than real life.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjuststeven