Heated / Cooled seat Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
07 EL Limited. Heating element needs replacement. Dealer did mine once D/side then six months later P/side.
Drivers seat track was the biggest problem as it took five months to fix.

BernieO

Reaction score
Had the same problem with my 03 EB Expy after the battery went dead - no heated or cooled seats and only the selector lit up. Read the link above and that was the solution. Took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed the EATC and the functions came back. Service person told me that happens if the battery is dead for over 8 hrs.

Now faced with the Driver's side heated seat will only run for about min 10 secs and then trips off. Won't turn on again until restarted. Cooled seat function works fine. Can watch the light on the switch blink and hear a relay cycle about 20 secs before the red light goes out. Both functions work fine on the passeneger side. Tracking down this one, but fear it will be another trip to the dealer. Midwest winters make the heated seat important.

Last edited:

jaodessa7

Reaction score
Climate controlled seats

:mad:I have an 09 EB EL Expedition and the seats are not working. It happened after it got extremely cold here in west Texas, like 15 below. Of course my warranty just expired by 800 miles and being the hungry money making dealership I have, they would not consider fixing it under the warranty which I paid $1500 for and never used!! So, now I am trying to find ways to fix it myself. The lights blink on for just a second and then turn off. I am going to try some of these suggestions.
Thanks

CSVT#49

Reaction score
This seems ridiculous. I've got it so that my passenger seat doesn't work, switches turn on driver seat works fine... never had battery problems. Although I haven't really diagnosised it further, just decided to do a quick search online to see if anyone else had the same issue. So disconnecting the battery doesn't just reset the EATC? I completely do not understand this as an issue. Seems like the software for the module would be hard coded to the motherboard and not in volatile memory. So is there no way to reset these things... no way to re-flash these yourself... ugh. I hate paying dealers for crap like this. I DO NOT bring any of my vehicles in for service... I'm the guy that goes and buys the specialty tools to do the job himself so I know that it'd done right the first time.

CSVT#49

Reaction score
I don't see anything censored...

EDIT: I see what your talking about

Last edited:

CSVT#49

Reaction score
Alright as I thought unplugging the fuse or the battery does not wipe the EATC or the seat control modules. Unplugging fuse 118 reset the seat control modules on both seats and now my passenger side heated seat is working OK again. Just thought I'd update this thread so that people would not be discouraged from trying these very easy fix. Also the filter for the climate control seats is easily found just underneath. It is a small square filter which just snaps into place. I thought I should check it thinking maybe it was clogged and caused the seat heater element to overheat causing the control to shut it off. Filter was perfectly clean so I'm still not sure what caused the passenger side heated seat to stop working. In any case resetting the controls fixed the problem so I guess I won't complain.

ford07exeb

Reaction score
Can you clarify on fuse 118? I have a 2007 and none of my fuse numbering goes that high. What fuse is this for specifically?

Thank you.

scurvydog

Reaction score
Hey I am havng a similar problem I have a 2007 Expedition EL Limited. My passenger side heated/AC seat works fine, but the driver side will light up for like 1 sec the first time I push it then it will turn off and from there on out it will only light up for about half a sec. or so. When I push it for the first time I can hear a click. Does anybody have any idea what could be the problem?

Has anyone who had this problem gotten it resolved? I have the same thing that started up in my '08 Expedition EL. Curious to know before I have to bring it into a dealer.

Thanks