Heated seats blowing cold air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dukie

Reaction score
I've seen a handful of posts about heated seat problems, but haven't seen this issue yet.

Both the Driver and passanger heated seats in my '17 navigator just blow cold air when the button is pushed. The lights stay on no matter which level is selected. So far I have:
* Checked the fuse, looks good
* checked the module under the passenger seat, the connection hasn't burned up like others, looks clean
* checked the back of the drivers seat for messed up connections

You can hear and feel the air moving under the seat, but its always cold. Anyone experienced this? Suggestions on where to go next?

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Heated seats, as far as I know, don’t use the HVAC system to blow hot air, that’s what ventilated seats do. They use heat elements in the seat.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Heated seats, as far as I know, don’t use the HVAC system to blow hot air, that’s what ventilated seats do. They use heat elements in the seat.
I would assume he is feeling the air from the floor heater ports located under the front seats for second row floor heat.

OP
OP
D

dukie

Reaction score
I would assume he is feeling the air from the floor heater ports located under the front seats for second row floor heat.
Not at all. These heated seats are a bit more complicated than just a heat element like 99WhiteC5Coupe mentioned. When you turn on the heated or cooled seats the device heats or cools the air and forces it through the seats.

Its been working since I posted this of course, I wish I knew what happened and why its working.