Heated Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Yancey

Reaction score
I have a 2001 EB Expedition, I have the heated side mirrors with the blinker built in. My question is how do you test the mirror to see if is heating when you turn the rear defroster on.
Thank you in advance for your help with this problem.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
check fuse #116 in the battery junction box 40A this is the main fuse for the rear heater grid and mirrors
check fuse #17 in the central junction box 10A this is the fuse for the heated mirrors

Check fuses with a meter (preferred) or test light
Make sure you have 12 Volts into and out of fuse #17

There are a few ways you could then check the mirror heaters but IMO the best way would be to test each mirror individually. This would require you to remove the door panels and to disconnect the wiring harness connectors to each mirror. Then take a ohm meter and connect it to pins 1 and 3 and test for continuity (ohms) Not sure what ohm reading you should get but as long as you get equal reading on both mirrors you should be ok If you get no reading then you have a open circuit (bad heater)

Have attached prints for you
You need to test connector C607 and C507

Attachments

• 56-01.pdf
    22.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 124-07.pdf
    12.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
OP
OP
Scott Yancey

Scott Yancey

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply and diagrams, when they are working should the mirror light up where it says heated?

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the worded heated is just to let you know they are heated mirrors .

the only way you will know they are working is if the are fogged or have snow on them also if you have a misty rain they work very well

I will tell you that they do a very good job