Heater issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bams

Reaction score
Hey guys
My heater has been giving me problems lately. I get no hot air whatsoever. I just replaced the blend door actuator, did a heater core flush, checked the heater core, and nothing. Finally checked the actual blend door and it's stuck in what I think is the hot position, but I still had AC all summer? Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Greye

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, if it fails it defaults to the AC position. That is where mine usually ended up on my Fords and Lincolns. Not tearing apart the air box but when I moved the door it felt weighed and only gave a path for the cold air, no heat.

TheWuster

Reaction score
Did you cut into the box to view the blend door? I did that earlier today myself. If the door is shut on the core (left radiator) then you can move it over manually and wedge something in and keep it open. It will at least get you heat before you spend the money on replacing the actuator. It's not a fun process.

OP
OP
B

Bams

Reaction score
Did you cut into the box to view the blend door? I did that earlier today myself. If the door is shut on the core (left radiator) then you can move it over manually and wedge something in and keep it open. It will at least get you heat before you spend the money on replacing the actuator. It's not a fun process.
Oh yeah, I know. Just replaced the actuator too lol wish I would've done this first

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, there is another part of the heater controlling components I didn’t see mentioned; heater control valve. It’ll be in the engine compartment mounted towards the passenger side of the vehicle. You’ll see heater hoses coming from the radiator attached to it. It’ll also have a vacuum actuated lever on the side. Verify this component is not damaged and correctly has vacuum line attached. Good luck with your issue.