Hello Everyone I'm not new here but I finally a member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rachel N Adkins
Reaction score
Yes... thank you. I got it out finally and got it all put back together. I did all that work to end up still having the same codes Pop back up. Its so frustrating all that time, work and money to be right back to square one.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may have to remove both battery cables & touch them together long enough to drain the memory battery then reconnect to see if it clears. Don't know if you checked these out.
P2006
https://www.google.com/search?q=200...GtVkKHV-NA1YQ9QF6BAgCEAM#imgrc=iNQP3P-NlKvtLM

P0480 If you do not see a wiring problem and if the cooling fan is not turning fast with the engine, fan may need replacing.

Check rockauto.com

OP
OP
Rachel N Adkins
Reaction score
Thank youbso much for your help. And taking the time to help me understand what elsw coukd be going one.
Would you know what all i have to do to replace my heater core in my 2007 ford expedition i hear you pretty much haven to take the entire dash out but then ive heard that it cane be done in lease then an hour

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
You have to pull the dash back and it will take about four hours. Not a difficult job at all, but look for a video that shows where all the fasteners are or you will be spending absurd time searching for them and switching from a screwdriver to different size nut drivers. It can probably be done quicker - the second time. So buy good parts so you don't have to get that practice.

Last edited:

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You have to pull the dash back and it will take about four hours. Not a difficult job at all, but look for a video that shows where all the fasteners are or you will be spending absurd time searching for them and switching from a screwdriver to different size nut drivers. It can probably be done quicker - the second time. So buy good parts so you don't have to get that practice.

Eddie sounds experienced on this repair, glad I've not been there!! :hail::hail:

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Yes, I've done a few. Not too bad actually because it's clean, light work. Nothing's dirty, rusty or heavy. Just dozens of screws and a lot of time. Nice job for a spring or summer day when you're not angry or rushed. Lousy job in January when the heater has been blowing cold for three months.

You can usually flush the heater core and get one more season out of it, but it usually clogs again after that.