Hello everyone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
damn its 4.12ish in alaska.... glad i'm not driving just riding with my sis and bro-in law...lol

OP
OP
Black&GoldExpy
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me the deal with Overdrive? I assume it's for more power while towing and/or better traction? I've noticed my Expedition starts up with the O/D light off, but when I hit the button the O/D off button is lit up. What does this mean when it's lit up.. is the O/D off or on? This is quite confusing to me as I have no real knowledge of what this is for.. anyone want to help me out?

Which do you use when just driving? Which do you use when towing?

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone explain to me the deal with Overdrive? I assume it's for more power while towing and/or better traction? I've noticed my Expedition starts up with the O/D light off, but when I hit the button the O/D off button is lit up. What does this mean when it's lit up.. is the O/D off or on? This is quite confusing to me as I have no real knowledge of what this is for.. anyone want to help me out?

Which do you use when just driving? Which do you use when towing?

Overdrive is for towing, if your not towing make sure that light is off, if not your gonna go through alot of gas. If you notice when the light is on your rpms are higher.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
damn its 4.12ish in alaska.... glad i'm not driving just riding with my sis and bro-in law...lol

i just paid $4.05 for 87 reg. $145 to fill up my excursion. ontop of the $88 to fill up the expedition a few days before that.

and here i am driving these things 1500-2000 miles a month mostly all in town!

funny part is my expedition is my gas saver..about 3-4mpg better city then my excursion.