Hello from Montreal, Canada!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Word! Montreal is one of the least car-friendly cities in North America.
I live in a nice small town about 20 miles away, but I commute to Montreal every day. And I always feel this attitude of hate / contempt by Montreal city folk towards us drivers (especially drivers of "gas guzzlers" like my Expy).

City officials are constantly finding new ways to make driving in the city as annoying as possible: lots of one-way streets, lots of no-left turn intersections, lots of parking spots being replaced by bike paths.

It's like they're trying to make you feel guilty for driving your car instead of using a bicycle or taking public transit. If you're a cyclist, you're God around here, they respect no traffic laws, run red lights, swerve in and out of car lanes, burn through stop signs, and the cops don't do anything about it.
Us drivers are the devil... Last week I was stopped at a red light in my Expy and a cyclist came from the back of the pack and punched my truck as he passed me.

I drive a hybrid, but i swear to God i don't understand these Eco-tard fanatics and their hate towards anyone that doesn't share their minimalist way of life.

Same here in Toronto if not worse with the bikes!!! Thankfully the new mayor isn't as bike friendly as the last one!!:pepper:

OP
OP
bertro

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Same here in Toronto if not worse with the bikes!!! Thankfully the new mayor isn't as bike friendly as the last one!!:pepper:

Yeah, you guys are smart to have elected Ford. Montrealers have re-elected a lefty that's more interested in burying taxpayer money into the failing "Bixi" public bicycle program than in repairing the roads or doing anything for people who chose to use their cars.