Help identifying a part

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcm7823

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So after getting my spacer lift installed, bigger all terrains done, i decided to go find a little mud. I found a crap load...way more than i intended. After 4 hours and 3 other 4x4's, i finally got out but i noticed my drivers side rear tire was sitting at a new angle. Looked underneath and i bent a rod but i cant seem to find what its called so i can order a new one... it runs right behind the shock please help

uploadfromtaptalk1425861260734.jpg

thenaaks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pretty sure we're looking at the rear axle. Unless he's got a spare tire mounted under the engine.

thenaaks

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That being said, I've never seen an independent rear suspension on a ford truck before. Would the rod be part of a stabilizer (sway) bar?

OP
OP
wcm7823

wcm7823

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah sorry guys...your looking at the left rear tire...ive been going through my haynes manual and i think its a toe link but cant find anything on autozone.com so im not 100% sure...its an 03 expedition xlt 4x4

CaperCanadian

Reaction score
i thought that was the hamster wheel that runs the truck, not the spare tire, yours doesnt have one? Its for the alinement of the back tires. Tie rod, toe link,,,

igozumn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Toe link or toe bar. It has the toe adjustment in it. If you're at a Ford dealer, the basic number is 5A972. When I get to work, I can look up the complete number for you. Edit: for an '03 Expy, the Ford part number is 6L1Z-5A972-A. List price is $240.38

Last edited: