Help needed in suffolk ny

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neyvr6

Reaction score
Hello all, I am in need of a tech who can do house calls to diagnose my 2007 expedition.

Truck was running fine and then stalled on the hiway. when I turned it on it was making a knocking noise. The noise went away after a few mins. Any time I turn it in it idles fine for a couple mins and the knocks, stops knocking ans starts knocking again. on and off.

I dont know anything of mechanics and wrenching. hopefully some one on here is a ford tech and can and or is willing to come by and diagnose the issue.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're more likely to have a flatbed bring it to a shop than have someone come to you. Almost guaranteed to be less expensive as well.

Most likely culprits are timing set and/or roller follower. How many miles on the truck and how's the oil change interval been during the life of the truck?

OP
OP
N

Neyvr6

Reaction score
Hmmm I guess I'd have no choice. the mileage is 225k. I purchased it with 190k and have done oil every 3k miles. not sure of the intervals before my ownership.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yeah you're likely in for a complete timing set. It's not a small job but once done properly your engine should be good for another couple hundred thousand miles.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You're more likely to have a flatbed bring it to a shop than have someone come to you. Almost guaranteed to be less expensive as well.

Most likely culprits are timing set and/or roller follower. How many miles on the truck and how's the oil change interval been during the life of the truck?
@Neyvr6 , you might want to check with your auto insurance company. Many policies have coverage that will pay to have your car towed to the shop of your choice - within reasonable distance.

callwill

Reaction score
Join trple a and wait a bit to get towed. My guess is it will be cheaper and depending on the plan you chose you will have coverage for another tow and other services for a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett