Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My A/C works for the rear seats but front is only blowing hot. I can change heat from floor, panel and defrost fine but can't adjust temp. I've been looking around for a solution but would like some advice... thinking maybe the blend door. I do have automatic climate controls the digital ones.... any guidance would be appreciated.... first warm day in NY and it sucks not having AC

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
blend door actuator or the control panel isnt sending the signal to the actuator ive seen both cause this problem... im leaning to the actuator its self since the compressor is still working

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any suggestions to test it? I'm lost with this problem and really don't feel like going to stealership.....

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i found some notes about this... first check fuse #5 in the dash fuse panel 15amp fuse next unplug blend door actuator, its under the passenger side dash and check for voltage with a volt meter not a test light. if you have voltage it is most likely a stuck blend door or the gears in the actuator are stripped or burnt out actuator... if the fuse is good and no voltage the blend door potentionmeter is bad in your case the digital control panel... hope this helps you out

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll have to do more in the morning when its light out... but i went out and turned switch from cold to hot and sounds like the door is moving... but will check more in the morning.... could low r134 cause the AC to not work in front but work in back? another to-do check when its light out

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i dont think a low charge would cause your problem... the front evaporator core may have developed a clog and that would cause the rear to work bur not the front

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when I was looking online I was reading that a common problem with the blend door is cant control the temp.... which i have... but they also have been saying that Max AC would would still work somewhat... due to different ducts or something... but mine still is hot... I did have to go pick up my wife and played with temp... was funny because using defrost and a medium speed fan... at 90 deg it stayed but as i went cooler around 75 i could hear door moving and defrost fan slowed but when I went to 60s sounded like door closed more and fan picked up speed but stayed hot.... so i am thinking that the blend door is working (hopefully) but for some reason the front is not getting colder.... maybe I am nuts but still gladly taking advice

OP
OP
walnuts4x4

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone familiar with the EATC self test? From what I understand you hold down the "off" and "floor" buttons then within 2 seconds you hit the "automatic" button.... then the blower light illuminates for 30-60seconds and any codes are displayed... well I have tried it and every time it goes into regular auto mode... no test... am i not waiting long enough and does the truck need to be in the "run" position or actually be running? I hate not having AC and trying to figure this crap out or I'm just gonna trade in expy for a Jeep... LOL not!

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i love my not broken ac, braggin about it saterdays prob the reason every thing else broke, dam carma, lmao