Hi from Germany

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Picasso

Reaction score
Hi all Expedtition enthusiast,

my name is Soeren I'm living in Leipzig/Germany. I own a 2008 Expedition EL Eddie Bauer and a 2008 Mustang GT. Both cars I have imported from the states in reason of Ford never be sold this in europe. So this cars are very rare here. Hope to find here good conversations and new friends with the same Ford obsession like me. Here are some Pics of my Expi:

dsc00651wa.jpg

dsc00669w.jpg

dsc00686wn.jpg

Last edited:

Bart Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome

Happy to see your truck! Nice ride , Loove the pictures how the weather ??

:D :D

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to expi nation, it dont matter where you live as long as you wheel an expedition, welcome to the family

OP
OP
P

Picasso

Reaction score
Happy to see your truck! Nice ride , Loove the pictures how the weather ??

:D :D

Hi Bart Man,

thank you for the nice welcome. The weather here normalized slowly, in the last 8 weeks we have the hardest winter since 1978, with tempratures under -4 F with over 3 ft snow and some blizzards. The community winter services was overstrained. Now we have 37.4 F and sunshine. So looks here some days ago:

3515648.jpg

Some Questions: do you have Eagle Alloys on your Expi? In which size? You're happy with it? How is the quality?

Have a nice weekend

Soeren

Last edited:

ExpiGator

Reaction score
Soeren

welcome!

Nice ride man.

i like your rear fog light, what is the white/clear light on the right for?

peter

Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nice truck!! i really like the pics especially the first one, it sucks that the reflectors on the rear bumper are mandotary or else i'd tell you to yank 'em off

Black_Exhaust

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well darn now I can't insult people behind their backs in german on here anymore... time to learn russian... Soeren, willkommen zum forum!

00XLT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Good looking ride you got there.

OP
OP
P

Picasso

Reaction score
Hi @ all and thanks for the friendly welcome.

Gotta love that big Texas decal on the lift gate. Welcome.

Yeah, I love it too. I have build and fit by my self, after my last visit in Houston last year. Texas is really cool and the home of the real cowboys and J.R. Ewing… :D :D :D :D :D I have visit the Houston Space Center sitting inside the Apollo Mission Control on the place of Gene Kranz that was pretty cool.

i like your rear fog light, what is the white/clear light on the right for?

I hate this lights – but here I have no other chance in reason of the German law. The right clear light is the reversing light. Read more below…

nice truck!! i really like the pics especially the first one, it sucks that the reflectors on the rear bumper are mandotary or else i'd tell you to yank 'em off

Thanks, to shoot photos are my hobby. In Business I’m a Media Designer. No chance to remove this reflectors. In Germany it’s not easy to drive a US car. We have for all things laws and provisions. Germany sucks really! So we pay here now 7.20 US$ for 1 Gallon Gasoline and over 50% from our income for taxes. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: But back, to the lights and reflectors.

In Germany are red turn signals and combined turn/brake lights prohibited by the law. You must have orange turn signals and red brake and driving lights. The brake and driving light can be combined in one. Also you must have a rear fog light in red and a reversing light in white/clear. Rear reflectors must be lower than 3 Ft. All lights in the front of a car must be white.

So we must convert the lights for the German law. Now the lower red chamber of the Backlights is combined driving/brake light, the upper clear chamber are the orange turn signal. In reason of the small construction of the Backlights we must install a extra fog light and a extra reversing light and extra reflectors because the original reflectors in the backlights are higher than 3 Ft. The orange front parking light we have add a extra white bulb and a switch inside the car, now I can switch between orange and white parking light.

In Germany we have two organizations named TUV or DEKRA. This two checking every car, if the car corresponds to the law and if the car is roadworthy. But not one time, no, every two years you must go to the TUV / DEKRA with your car to check them. When the car is ok you get the permission to drive the car in traffic, when not you lost the permission… So many things are prohibited here, like the American way is always easier…

So guys I hope I have enough announce and you can understand my bad english, but I like to write and talk english to getting better. Please correct my when I'm writing ********…

Have a nice weekend all!

Last edited: