HID question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or you are just paying too much...projectors do vary in price but not by hundreds of dollars...shrouds vary too but the most expensive shroud and projector with halos wouldn't have cost me almost $800...its all made in china...and I'm running 85w 6000k and looks just as good as yours with lifetime warranty on bulbs and ballast...

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Or you are just paying too much...projectors do vary in price but not by hundreds of dollars...shrouds vary too but the most expensive shroud and projector with halos wouldn't have cost me almost $800...its all made in china...and I'm running 85w 6000k and looks just as good as yours with lifetime warranty on bulbs and ballast...

Sweet man glad you got a killer deal on it and it works awesome. Sounds like a super awesome truck and setup

bricekin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Or you are just paying too much...projectors do vary in price but not by hundreds of dollars...shrouds vary too but the most expensive shroud and projector with halos wouldn't have cost me almost $800...its all made in china...

This is pretty much how it is. Earlier this summer when I did the retro to the Expedition, I ordered all of the parts from The Retrofit Source with the understanding that the tech support was amazing (and it is) and that the products are above par in quality. They sent me everything I needed to get the project done, and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the products they provided (with the exception of the bad set of ballasts which they are upgrading at no cost).

That being said, the Expedition's lighting kills my A4's now. I decided it was time to attempt the retro into my A4 as well. Instead of ordering the $120 set from TRS, I cheaped out and got a set of generic Mini H1s on eBay. The projectors are almost physically no different than the ones that TRS provides. The real difference in them appears to be the "tuning". TRS takes the time to soothe the cutoff line and make all of the adjustments just about perfect before boxing them up and sending them out.

The lighting quality of the generic ones that I purchased are still pretty outstanding, especially when compared to my stock A4 projectors, but the overall brilliance of the light is shadowed in comparison to the "tuned" models that TRS provides.

Static54

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Milwaukee WI /Anthem, AZ / Grand Rapids, MI

Didn't you spend 600$ on SickHids to retro yours and it took 2 months? Doesn't seem like 700$-800 is far off depending on what else they're doing.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
$400...I wouldve paid $500 for the shroud he's planning and devil eye look....

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good...I had an aiming issue to where to were pointed straight down on ground but found the screw on the headlights to turn the bulb up...love them...I am going to get another set done since I've come up with better ideas of how I want them to look...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik