Horn not working - how to remove cover?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

effingpot

Reaction score
Hi there, my horn has finally given up having become intermittent for a while.
It feels like there is a loose connection in the steering wheel somewhere (the radio vol controls stopped at the same time).
I can't see any simple instructions on how to safely get inside the steering wheel to look for loose or broken wires.
Any tips/photos appreciated. I'm no expert so simple instructions would be fabulous.
thanks
mike

Jeckler

Reaction score
On my '03, there are two plastic covers on the front (front means front of car) of the steering wheel. Then two nuts are removed and the airbag lifts off the wheel. Remove two sets of wires (one's for the bag, the other for the horn) and place it out of the way.
If the volume controls quit too, I would say the problem is the clockspring. You'll need a Torx bit to remove the steering wheel, then replace the clockspring.

Disconnect the battery and let the car sit with the doors open for 30 minutes to drain any power before removing the airbag. At least that's what is suggested.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bledsoejoe