How do I remove the passenger side rear-most glass on my '04?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SHOBrad

Reaction score
I need to replace the trim piece that is between the rear-most side glass and the lift-gate glass but It's riveted on under the side glass! Is it easy to pull that side glass off? How to do it? It's the one with the antenna (of course it has to be) so that adds an element of complication!

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks!
Brad

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To remove the rear quarter glass, you need to remove C-pillar and D-pillar trim panels. After that's done, remove the rear quarter trim panel.

Then:
2. CAUTION: To prevent damage to the coat hanger retainer, use a 3/16-inch flat-blade screwdriver for this step.

Remove the front and rear coat hooks and lower the headliner over the rear quarter window glass.
-Open the access cover.
-Insert a screwdriver into the coat hook slot and turn the screwdriver 90 degrees so that it engages in the plastic component slot. This will spread the steal attachment clip wings to allow the plastic component to disengage.

Vehicles with power vent window

3. Remove the bolts and rear quarter window regulator motor.
-Disconnect the electrical connector.

-Disconnect the rear quarter window regulator.

All vehicles

5. Disconnect the audio antenna.

6. If equipped, remove the air duct.
-Remove the pin-type retainer.

7. CAUTION: Have an assistant hold the rear quarter window glass.

-Remove the rear quarter window glass.
a.Remove the nuts.
b.Remove the rear quarter window glass.

8. Remove the excess foam butyl from the window opening.

To reinstall the glass, you're going to need some butyl foam.

It seems pretty involved. Why are you replacing the rear trim piece? I can't seem to find a way to take off the D-Pillar moulding, all I can find is the part number for it.