How many have "dual exhaust" on theirs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

capitlj

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't remember where I saw it but someone on here posted that duals on a third gen are impossible and I had but one thought... Challenge accepted! As soon as I find the one I want and buy it lol.

mr49erguy

Reaction score
I have true dual exhaust from the headers back but with a dual in/out magnaflow muffler. But I have both exit in same spot similar to a lightning.

Sounds like your interested in dual tailpipes exiting on opposite sides of the vehicle.

Toms89 - I would love to see pics of the custom dual exhaust system on your Gen1 Expy. I ask because I am in the middle of this conversion now and am very excited about it. My friends and I are planning on doing the same thing you seem to have done which is to have true dual pipes from shorty headers all the way back to dual flowmaster mufflers, bothexiting in front of the rear wheels, like the .

I have the flowmaster dual exhaust pipe kit, new shorty headers, flowmaster super 44 mufflers and a new Spectre CAI kit. We started the project yesterday by taking the exhaust system apart from front to back. I also have a transfer case that needs to be replaced, which we are doing while the old exhaust system is out.

We have the drivers side exhaust manifold off and the cats on that side are out right now. Wanted to know how you dealt with the cats and O2 sensors. Did you weld in bungs for the 02 sensors and use the front cats?

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my 2004 4x4 Expedition XLT SSV with 5.4L has two cats feeding back into one muffler and one exhaust. when i saw this (I just bought it) I assumed they were all the same.
why do some come with one, 2, or 4?

Logan97

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm slowly piecing a dual exhaust for my 07 but I'm stuck on the rear end. I also have no idea what I'm gonna hang the pipe from on the driver side. Also putting a glasspack in there somewhere. Anybody have any suggestions for the glasspack? I've put mufflers on vehicles before but never a glasspack.

rutger

Reaction score
I'm slowly piecing a dual exhaust for my 07 but I'm stuck on the rear end. I also have no idea what I'm gonna hang the pipe from on the driver side. Also putting a glasspack in there somewhere. Anybody have any suggestions for the glasspack? I've put mufflers on vehicles before but never a glasspack.
Have you found a way to hang the pipe?