Huk sez Hello to all.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huklebuk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all! I have a 2002 Expy EB. I have absolutely zero upgrades but am in the process of changing that. I came to a sad realization that I don't know a damn thing about off roading and what I needed to upgrade when I got stuck in some tire tracks at my friends house. I did gain some valuable knowledge. 1) I need new tires. Stock goodyear wranglers with a quarter tread left are NOT good mudgrabbers. Remedy: Free 37X12.50X16.50 from work! I'm in the military and they throw away the old tires, I was looking at them and they are usable so hell why not? 2) Its not always a good idea to drift through a muddy area while messing with your ipod trying to find the perfect offroad song at midnight after a few killians reds. 3) Boots are essential. Tromping through the mud after said fiasco in sneakers sucks ass. 4) I really don't know a whole lot about 4 wheel drive upgrades. 5) Its really time consuming to call parts stores 60 times and ask ' Will this fit my truck?' 60 times for days on end. 6) Upgrades aint cheap. 7) I need a forum to help me out, big time, which brings me here! So a little backround, I'm in the Marine Corps, currently stationed in Brooklyn NY. I am not, and I stress not, a certified mechanic. I am handy in the garage and can do most jobs. Sorry in advance for blowing up the board with my silly questions, but I'm just trying to learn. On a final note, I did realize that a 4X4 should be taken off road, I don't care how nice it looks, which is how mine came to get stuck. Well anyway, hello all and I'll throw in my 2 cents when I can! :cheers: