Hvac controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mh68

Reaction score
I'm having a weird issue with my climate controls. For some reason, when I have the air recirulation set to inside, it will switch to outside air on it's own randomly. It didn't do that when I used the a/c, but now that I'm using the heat, it's been doing it. Anyone else experience this? It's an 04 Eddie Bauer.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what the owners manual says for the automatic climate control, which is what I think you should have in your EB. (That's what I have in mine.)

I'm not sure if this helps.

2. Recirculation control: Press to engage/disengage. Used to manually enable or disable recirculated air operation. When activated, recirculates air in the cabin thereby reducing
the amount of time to cool down the interior of the vehicle. May also help reduce undesired odors from reaching the interior of the vehicle. Will work in all modes except defrost. In automatic operation, the recirculated air operates automatically as necessary to achieve the selected temperature.

OP
OP
M

mh68

Reaction score
Here is what the owners manual says for the automatic climate control, which is what I think you should have in your EB. (That's what I have in mine.)

I'm not sure if this helps.

2. Recirculation control: Press to engage/disengage. Used to manually enable or disable recirculated air operation. When activated, recirculates air in the cabin thereby reducing
the amount of time to cool down the interior of the vehicle. May also help reduce undesired odors from reaching the interior of the vehicle. Will work in all modes except defrost. In automatic operation, the recirculated air operates automatically as necessary to achieve the selected temperature.

Thanks Andy, that must be it. I would never have guessed that.

Mike