I am checking off the list of things on my 2000 5.4 XLT 4x4 ex California Highway Patrol expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brcknrdg Rob

Reaction score
I posted this in 2nd gen earlier. I smogged the thing last week and am waiting on the DMV to finalize my paperwork soon I hope(its been a week) AAA office and DMV office are closed cause of the RONA-19. Now that it should be legal to drive I am ready to keep trucking along on it. One thing I am curious about is if the F150 Split Bench will fit in it? I kinda like that seat set up and since this is an ex service vehicle the dash is finished for no center console. I just picked up the new receiver and will probably conquer that this weekend. I am looking for a goos direction to go on the front end. I am not in a huge hurry and would like to piece together all of the parts over the next couple of months. I would like to put some larger tires on it. I plan on doing my research on here but any tips would be great.

Items fixed.
Replaced passenger window
Replaced passenger mirror
Had windshield replaced
Replaced power steering pump and lines
Passed smog
New Seat covers in the front.

Removed winch and fog lights

I am now going to start a full clean on it inside and out. My next items to work on.

New radio
Leveling lift
New tires
Front brakes
Front uppers and lowers
Front drive shaft
New hub locks
New winch
New roof rack
Window tint

Expy 1.jpg

Expy 2.jpg

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The F150 split bench will fit. I believe it was offered from the factory. And F150 guys like to install the Expedition center console in their rigs.

Killer Ride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You dont need a leveling kit, just crank up the torsion bars until you get the height you want. It's one bolt right at the torsion keys just spray it down with PB blaster first let it sit for awhile. Crank it up super easy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Had lots of fun with my 2000 off-road. That baby sure took a beating and never broke anything. Much more nimble than the newer ones; I found it lots more responsive and faster than the o8's. When I retired from the job, I brought it with me and put Bilstein shocks in it which I really liked. A really good truck which took me through 260,000 miles...