I miss my truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In 2015, i bought myself a used 2009 navi, a truck my wife and i loved. We then traded her for a 2018 expy i ordered before they were built, but recieved in 2018, one of the first to be built. I had her for 2 yrs, before turning her in because of my PCS Overseas. I wanted to replace my old nav with a 2018 nav, but the loss on trade in and inability to sell her sent me to an expy. She had her issues, but she got us to where we wanted in comfort and style, everyone loved riding in it.The plan was lease to own, so i could pay off the rest of the loan quicker, but after getting the limited 301, both wifey and i realized the platinum trim was for us. If you research the 4th gen forums, youd see the many things ive said about my truck. After years of shopping crossovers and other suvs of many sizes (mainly due to my wife needing a new vehicle, and now due to wanting a larger vehicle at my new location), i realized we taken our expedition for granted. Everything from seat comfort, to ride, to stereo system, to ease of use, nothing compares to the expy. No other vehicles in its class compare to what we had, and now since wifey and i are tryin to replace her, nothing rele compares of any silk. For comps sake, we had driven highlander, armada, arcadia, cx9, xc90, x5, mdx, durango, qx56, pilot, tahoe...nothing compares. We both miss that truck dearly. Though the plan was to trade and lease to own the refresh platty, id give anything to buy the truck we had before we left and shipped her overseas. Even redriving(and for the first time 2015) navs, they dnt even compare. I will admit, the 2015 nav we driven was smoother than anything but the 18 expy and navi, and the sound system in it is phenomenal(along with the mdx as the best weve heard) the space was limited in comparison. And their overpriced here. The more we drive, the more we miss. If ford does what i hope they do for the refresh(soften the suspension, sync 4 or better, eliminate body shimmer), that will be my next truck. Until then, our sadness and longing will continue. Sorry guys for the diatribe.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look at the Expedition EL and Navigator L if you are looking at 3rd gens. I went from my regular Expedition to an EL and probably won’t ever go back to short wheelbase. There’s no shudders and the longer wheelbase actually rides nicer. The Limited was kind of de-luxuried for 2015+. The 2007-2014 Limited had metallic paint, genuine wood steering wheel, two tone perforated leather seats, monochromatic package with blackout headlights etc....the Limited lost a lot of these things when Ford brought out the Platinum in 2015 so it didn’t threaten Platinum sales. So if you shop Limited the older ones actually have more of a luxury feel. The 15+ King Ranch and Platinum EL are very nice trucks. So is the Limited, it’s just not as “special” feeling as the older Limited. I’ve been very happy with my Eddie Bauer because it’s such a can do vehicle with nice options. I’ve not driven a 3rd gen Navigator to compare.

OP
OP
dlcorbett

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are a few 3rd gen expy or navs on island, but their so overpriced. In good gondition, none are below 20k (my price range), and any under that arent in the best condition. Also, since guam is small, outside of the 3 main roads, the roads are winding, cracked, and thin. There was a 13 nav l that we liked in our price range, but it was a base model on coils. It was smooth, but you felt the weight, it skated on bumps, and didnt feel very secure for roads here. Wife rele wanted a durango that was same price, more features and newer, but higher mileage mainly because it felt more nimble and controlled. However due to many crazy coincidences, we lost out on both vehicles. We drove a 15 nav l, which is overpriced for the work it needs for the interior, but for me, is the best car weve driven on island. Its felt more nimble on its coils(no ccd), but size wise, just felt 2 big. In the states, no brainer purchase, and more options to look at, but not here unfortunately.

Rossue

Reaction score
I keep reading all this stuff re Limited/ Platinum, etc. We tow a 21 Escape (4300 wet) 80-99% of the time. I almost did not get the HD tow on my XLT as I preferred Sand to Black for interior. What a mistake that would have been- even though by spec I didn't need HD. What I did want was the integrated brake controller and ESL. Did get the 202A. For those who want to tow with a Platinum- those 22" wheels suck IMO. Wish my XLT had 18", yet they load on the 20" with the other stuff unless you order. The ride on this truck is way better than my wife's Lexus RX. Very glad not to have to worry about a $3,500 out of warranty sunroof and wouldn't want those retractable floorboards either. Just saying this for people looking for a tow vehicle. Ride is great and zero regrets.

anionka

Reaction score
Due to a car accident, I miss driving my truck because I am still recovering from my injuries. I'm sure it will not take long enough and I can get back to driving.