ice wax?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dani*B

Reaction score
I have tried the Ice products. The only one I like is the interior cleaning spray. It smells good and doesnt leave that oily residue that gets all over everything.

As far as paint is concerned, I used to work at a car wash and the whole detailing aspect.

The best thing I would recommend would be the Meguiars line of products.

Clay your car first. A good way to determine how bad your overspray and other crap thats on your clearcoat = take a cigarette clear plastic wrapper and put your hand inside it than rub it over your paint. You will feel every single defect on it.

Depending on how bad it is, use a compound with a fine cut than a sealant than a high gloss wax. Caranuba if you like it. I personally don't but than my paint on my old car was pretty much done anyway.

Good luck!

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally got a chance to use this stuff after it sat in my garage for about 8 months and this is what I though about it:
It did add some shine but not as much as most other products. I give it a 6 out of 10 in this category.
It was super easy to apply and take off, and can be done in direct sunlight. I give it 10 out of 10 in this area.
It can only be used to blacken rubber or plastic parts - it worked but the shine seems be fading with each day.. I give it 6 out of 10 in this area.
Overall, I would not buy this product again since there are other waxes that make the paint shine much better and other products that blacken rubber/plastic better. The best wax I have ever used is: Meguiars nxt 2.0... I use this on my dads mercedes and my expedition and it has an extremely deep shine that lasts a long time. You have to be careful with this though because it will turn plastic/rubber white.