ice wax?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i use everything meguiers just did a clay bar and wax on mine looks really nice.

expo.jpg

Last edited:

joe shmoe

Reaction score
Clay bar makes a world of difference,I use maguiers and then their Gold class wax.For small scratches I use their Ultimate compound.Just take your time,its hard work but well worth it.

trev0006

Reaction score
Thanks for the instructions.

Oh man, there are so many options on could use for detailing.

Turtle Wax is somewhat looked down on by people of the detailing world. Usually subpar looks/duration. Granted, I have heard the ICE line is rather easy to apply and use.

Depending on what look you're trying to go for, you can use a sealant or a carnuba wax. Generally speaking, a sealant will give you a shiney, almost "seran-wrap" look, while a carnuba wax will usually give you a deeper, "wet" look. Usually, lighter colors will benefit more from a sealant, while darker colors will want more of the dark, wet look.

For my white Expy, I like using Collinite 845 IW, or Wolfgang's sealant. Both have held up pretty well, and looked nice and shiney. On my friend's blue S4, he's liked using P21S 100%, as well as the Natty's red and blue.

You should read through the detailing sticky found in the detailing seciton over at F150online for more info on waxes, as well as glazes and paint correction.

As far as clay bars, you should use them every so often, maybe 2-3 times a year, or when you can feel "roughness" in your car. Just remember that you need to wax after claying since a clay bar will take off old wax. Either way, you should be good using either the Megs, Mother's, or Clay Magic found at most auto stores or in the car section at Target/Walmart.Audi tires Acura tires BMW tires Buick tires Cadillac tires Chevrolet tires Dodge tires Ford tires GMC tires Honda tires Infiniti tires Isuzu tires Jaguar tires Jeep tires Kia tires Land Rover tires Lexus tires Lincoln tires Mazda tires Mercedes Benz tires Mitsubishi tires Nissan tires Oldsmobile tires Plymouth tires Pontiac tires Porsche tires Saab tires Saturn tires Subaru tires Toyota tires VW tires Volvo tires

Audi wheels Acura wheels BMW wheels Buick wheels Cadillac wheels Chevrolet wheels Dodge wheels Ford wheels GMC wheels Honda wheels Infiniti wheels Isuzu wheels Jaguar wheels Jeep wheels Kia wheels Land Rover wheels Lexus wheels Lincoln wheels Mazda wheels Mercedes Benz wheels Mitsubishi wheels Nissan wheels Oldsmobile wheels Plymouth wheels Pontiac wheels Porsche wheels Saab wheels Saturn wheels Subaru wheels Toyota wheels VW wheels Volvo wheels wheels

Last edited:

Boomer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
07 El Limited. Mothers "Back to Black" works great on exxterior plastic that has faded.

Xpathfinder

Reaction score
I havent tried Ice wax, but it sounds like I might have to try some.. I love the malco products (the choice of the car detailers around here). I have used them for years on my show truck. I dont know how long the wax last since I would wash(which has wax in it) and wax my trucks every weekend for shows and it was a DD until I got the pathy and now the Expo. I love their quick detail spray wax. I use it on everything including the windows (better than rainx). Only have to use my wipers in heavy rain... they have another wax that I use and normally can wax my little xtreme about as fast as the quick detailer spray waz Flash liquid wax (w/carauba and Dupount Xonyl). this stuff is thin enough to put in a spray bottle. The only problem is that it last only about a few weeks if its rains but last longer than the quick detailer. but if its fast and easy I dont care... lol My two cents. But I want to try Ice and see what it does for the old girl..
now for big pain Alum wheel and other parts.. I like Wicked lightening or hoozier (normally found in semi-truck parts stores). Mothers billet is pretty good. there was a guy in TN that made some stuff called green stuff which was pretty good. I just found it easier to go to the store and get the cleaner. there was some stuff that I saw at a motorcycle show that they were polishing the bottoms of pop can. When they got finished it looked like chrome.. Didnt get a chance to pick any up and I didnt get the name either..

Last edited:

06LimitedNJ

Reaction score
my .02... Liquid Glass.

The only wax I use.... Goes on easy comes off easy, and produces and AWESOME finish. I am only 29, and I have been using it since my first car at 17. My Dad turned me onto it and he's been using it as long as he can remember. Stuff has been around a long time and works great.

http://www.liquidglass.com/lgpolish.htm

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a little correction. I'm pretty sure Liquid Glass is a sealant, which is a little different from wax. I take it LG makes your car shiney, almost like seran wrap? Sealants work well for lighter colored cars, where as carnuba waxes are more for deeper colored cars, to give them the deep, wet look.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Uh oh... it has been 6 months since I posted that I was going to try out this Ice Wax and still havn't... that means my ride is insanely over due for a waxing. I'm going to get it done within the next week and will post pics of results.